Do you suffer from gallstones? Then do you already have a gallbladder diet plan? Do you know what foods to eat, and what ingredients to avoid? This article reveals it all.
If you do not know by now…
The gall bladder is a tiny organ that is located under your liver. This organ stores bile that is produced by your liver and it releases the bile into your small intestines after fatty meals to help digest dietary fats.
The gall bladder may form gallstones, small pebble-like structures that can range from the size of a few millimetres to the size of a golf-ball.
It is possible for the gall bladder to get stuck in your bile duct, causing numerous health-related problems. Fortunately, there are some good gall bladder diets for gall stones.
There are some foods that may help prevent gallstones.
What types of foods would benefit you for a gallbladder diet?
– Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables. If fresh fruits aren’t available, try buying some frozen ones at the grocery market and blending them in the blender to make a fruit smoothie. Good examples of fruits and vegetables are: lemons, apples, figs, pears, guavas, grapes, papayas, berries, coconuts, apricots, and prunes.
– Avoid eating foods that are deep fried and fatty, as well as red meats.
– Instead of using a salad dressing, try making a vinaigrette made of olive oil, flax seeds, lemon juice, vinegar, and some fresh herbs.
– Eat foods that are high in fibre, such as refined grains like whole-wheat bread, pasta, and multi-grain rice
– eat foods that are low in cholesterol and sugar. Egg yolks are high in cholesterol, try eating egg whites instead.
– Eat low-fat dairy products.
– Eat omega-3 fortified foods, eat more fish, or take fish oil capsules. Omega-3 prevents cholesterol build up in the bile
– Use spices, tumeric, and ginger. These spices and foods have antiseptic properties and are also excellent in helping you digest your foods
– Don’t forget to drink lots of water
This gallbladder diet for gallstones is only a compilation of recommendations of foods that may help reduce your chances of developing gallstones. If you are experiencing severe symptoms gall bladder symptoms, please see your physician immediately.